Our Mission“To develop youth and conserve natural resources for a resilient, sustainable, and equitable community.”
We achieve our mission by
- Providing young adults with opportunities to transform their lives through paid work, education, employability, civic engagement, and leadership.
- Partnering with the community to conserve and restore natural resources and improve recreational and public areas.
- Fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Creating the environmental leaders of the future by teaching environmental ethics and behaviors to local youth.
- Making communities safer by reducing hazards and by responding to public emergencies and disasters.
Conservation Corps North Bay is the oldest local nonprofit youth conservation corps in the country. Serving Marin and Sonoma Counties since 1982, CCNB has helped thousands young people achieve their goals through education and job skills, while serving the environment and community.
CCNB recognizes the potential of all corpsmembers and staff working to define their individual paths.
CCNB surrounds corpsmembers with support so they can build positive relationships and play active roles in improving the communities where they live, work, and serve.
CCNB fosters environmental stewards who will contribute to the creation of an ecologically sound, socially just society.